Prohibited and Restricted Goods
Deliveries may not contain the following items
- Banknotes and circulation coins, precious metals and articles thereof, pearls and gem stones and articles thereof,
- Securities, stamps and other similar items, such as savings books and cheque books, bills of exchange, credit cards, letters from banks and loan institutions, sim cards,
- Artworks and works of special cultural and historic value and collections,
- Used or damaged cars,
- Used or damaged machines or equipments without specifying accurate extent of the damage or depreciation,
- Live animals,
- Weapons or parts thereof, imitation weapons, ammunition and explosives, butterfly knives, push daggers, switchblades, gravity knives, shurikens (the exception is a switchblade with a blade that is maximal 8,5 cm long and that is not sharpened on both sides). See the list of German Customs Administration,
- Radioactive substances,
- Drugs and psychotropic substances,
- Moved items and personal items without specifying accurate extent of depreciation,
- Poisonous and caustic substances,
- Contagious biological substances,
- Solid carbon dioxide,
- Pressure vessels (sprays), pressed or liquefied gas and gas in fusion (UN 1950),
- Fluids that can spill out of the delivery packing or soak through it,
- Extremely fragile items that are not packed in a special and suitable way which prevents them from getting harmed by usual handling during delivery,
- Biological agents and toxins, oxidizing, flammable and other chemical substances, which are classified as dangerous according to Czech law paragraph 2 of the law No. 356/2003 about chemical substances and about the change of other laws, as amended, notice No. 474/2002, which relates to the law No. 281/2002 about measures linked to prohibition of bacteriological (biological) and toxin weapons and about the change of Trade Act,
- Substances belonging to ADR regime including all types of garbage*,
- Items subject to excise tax (spirits, wine, beer, cigarettes, tobacco, mineral oils, light fuel oils, fuel etc.),
- Medication without prior agreement from the Forwarder. After approval, the amount is limited only for personal use.
- Batteries classified as dangerous such as wet spillable/non spillable lead-acid/alkaline batteries (common in cars, electric wheelchairs) or Power banks (portable chargers). And all damaged batteries.
- Electronic devices containing lithium, alkaline batteries larger than 100Wh. Shipment with lithium or alkaline battery up to 5 kg can be sent via UPS (see UPS instructions).
- Batteries/Cells including Lithium.
- Flammable solids including magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, sodium, sodium hydride, zinc powder.
- Flammable toiletries such as nail varnish or nail polish, perfumes, eau de toilette and aftershave.
- Lighters or lighter efills containing flammable gas or flammable liquid including cigarette lighters containing petrol and butane lighters.
- Environmental waste including used engine oil and used batteries.
- Explosives such as blasting caps and car airbag components, fireworks, flares and sparklers.
- Pesticides, toxic herbicides and insecticides.
- Oxidising materials or organic peroxides e.g. disinfectants and nitrates, hair dyes and other dyes containing peroxide.
- Infectious and/or biological substances (UN2814, UN2900, UN3373) expected to contain pathogens or other agents which can cause disease in humans or animals such as bacteria, viruses, parasites, prions.
- Air bag inflators and modules or seat-belt pretensioners installed in completed conveyance components or alone.
- Poisons and toxic substances that are liable to cause injury or death if inhaled or swallowed or by skin contact, such as arsenic, cyanide, rat poison.
- Gases including flammable, non-flammable, compressed and toxic gases, buthane, ethane, methane, propan, fire extinguisheres, scuba tanks.
- Carbon dioxide, solid (Dry Ice).
- Corrosives such as acids, corrosive paint and dyes, rust removers, caustic soda, mercury and gallium metal.
- Food supplements and feed of animal origin (see customs restrictions), food for commercial use, perishable goods and foodstuffs that are not hermetically sealed. The customer must follow the import conditions at the destination and inform the freight forwarder.
*Notice: ADR (Accord Dangereuses par Route); dangerous items, which cause flammability, corrosivity or explosivity, and items whose transport can endanger the safety of persons, property and the environment.
List of prohibited and restricted goods and country specific information from DHL
List of prohibited and restricted goods and country specific information from FedEx