myEU.africa Terms and Conditions (09.01.2021)
Welcome to myEU.africa a service brought to you by Vflow (PTY) LTD.
Our intention is to offer a frictionless, convenient service experience with a minimum of formal overhead to our customers. As we are operating in a highly regulated environment, it is crucial for a smooth and compliant delivery of the myEU service, that you as our customer understand and agree to the scope of the legal agreement you enter into with us once you become an active subscriber to our service.
It is important that you are aware of our service limitations (e.g. with regards to size, weight and kind of goods we or our service providers are legally allowed to handle) as well as your obligations in the case of any missing information, outstanding payments or other matters that might hinder us from handling your order swiftly.
‘The Website’ refers to the publicly available section of the myeu.africa web offering that does not require you to login, before you can access it.
The Service / the myEU Service
‘The Service’ refers to the non-public parts and functionality of the myeu.africa web offering that you can only access once you have an active account and you are logged in with your username and password.
The Service myEU.africa is offering to customers consists of the following products:
- myEU Box (managed postbox service in Germany),
- myEU Worldwide Shipping Service (international Airfreight Pickup & Delivery Service)
Terms of Service
The ‘Terms of Service’ are the part of our Terms and Conditions that are applicable to ‘The Service‘ and are coming into effect as soon you subscribe and login to use The Service.
Anybody accessing The Website without logging in is deemed a Visitor.
As soon you use your account details to login to The Service you are deemed a User.
Customer / Subscriber
Any holder of an active myEU Subscription is deemed a Subscriber / Customer of The Service.
In order to login to the myEU Service you need an active username and a password, which you can define during the process of signing up / subscribing to our service. This username and password will allow you to access the non-public parts of the myEU.africa website and are referred to as ‘the Account’.
In order to make use of the myEU Service you need an active subscription. myEU.africa offers a range of subscriptions, that provide different service features and business rules at different pricing levels. Some Subscriptions (Business) require you to pay a monthly subscription fee, other Subscriptions (e.g. Private) do not require any ongoing / monthly fees. The Active Subscription you are holding will determine the shipping rates as well as all handling fees that will be charged to you for the usage of The Service as detailed in the myEU Pricing section of the Website which shall form part of this agreement.
Subscription vs. Account
Should your subscription expire, get suspended or become inactive due to non-payment or any other reasons, your Account (username and password) remains active and valid for at least another 24 months even if you cannot actively make use of The Service. This means you can still login to the non-public part of the myeu.africa website but may not be able to use all of its functionality (e.g. you may renew your subscription or view and modify your personal details or get access to data of previously processed orders like invoices, tracking links and other order details).
Your account is inherently created once you sign up for your first subscription.
Before we initiate a shipment for you, we will present you a list of options with shipping rates from various shipment service providers. These lists are in this agreement referred to as Quotes. By clicking on a quote you confirm it, by effecting a subsequent payment you implicitly accept the quote.
Billing Address and Shipping Addresses
For each shipment we process for you it is required to provide a Billing- and Shipping Address. The Billing Address must contain a valid email address and phone number. The Shipping Address must be a valid postal address that is accessible with a normal delivery vehicles.
It is the customer’s responsibility to assure an accurate shipping address is provided and a delivery can be accepted at the given address. Should additional costs incur because of a required address change or correction during delivery, myEU reserves the right to charge these costs to the customer.
The Billing Country is the country provided by a customer in the Billing Address of a shipment.
We use the selected Billing Country to determine your invoice currency.
For shipments with South Africa as a selected Billing Country the customer’s invoice will be issued in South African Rand (ZAR).
For shipments with any other country selected as Billing Country than South Africa the customer’s invoice will be issued in Euro (€). The Total amount will also be highlighted in South African Rand (ZAR) according to daily updated and published exchange rates.
All payments will be processed in South African Rand according to daily updated and published exchange rates.
The ‘Shipping Country’ is the country of the Shipping Address provided by the customer.
Although our customs team is trying hard to catch all potential mishaps before they happen, we cannot guarantee that we have sight of all rules and regulations in the various African destination countries.
For each shipment it is the customers responsibility to make sure the content of the shipment can be legally imported into the selected shipping country.
Country of domicile
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Vflow (PTY) LTD / myEU.africa chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature.
The myeu.africa Website and Service is the sole and exclusive property of Vflow (PTY) LTD and its licensors. No third parties other than Vflow (PTY) LTD are holding any stakes or interest in the Website. Vflow (PTY) LTD and its licensors retain all right, title and interest, (including all patent, copyright, trademark, trade secrets and all other intellectual property rights) in the website. The website is protected by copyright, trademark, and unfair competition and other laws both in the Republic of South Africa and in other countries through the application of International Treaties. Any unauthorized use, reproduction, or modification of any portion of this website without the express permission of Vflow (PTY) LTD may violate such laws.
myEU.africa and all other Marks that appear or are displayed or used on the Website or the Service are trademarks of Vflow (PTY) LTD, its licensors or 3rd party service providers and partners. No license to use these Marks is given or implied. These Marks may not be copied, downloaded, reproduced used, modified or distributed in anyway, without prior written permission, except as an integral part of any authorized copy of materials appearing on this website.
Any aspect of the Website or the Service may be changed, supplemented, deleted, updated, discontinued, suspended or modified, at any time.
Links to or from Third Party Websites
Our website contains links to other European ecommerce offerings, myEU is not responsible for those products or services or the privacy practices of those affiliates; you should contact those affiliates directly if you have questions or concerns about their privacy practices, products, or services. No personal customer information is shared and myEU does not maintain any commercial agreements with these shops.
The Content of The Website is intended for informational purposes. Although we exercise reasonable efforts to ensure its quality and accuracy, there might be errors, or the information provided may not be complete, current, or applicable to your particular situation.
Vflow (PTY) LTD / the myEU.africa team takes every reasonable effort to exclude viruses and malware from this Website and the underlying code base of the Service, and does everything in its capacity to makes sure you or your computing equipment will not suffer from any harm, damage or loss caused by the usage of The Website or The Service. Nevertheless, Vflow (PTY) LTD is using 3rd party hosting and service providers to fulfill The myEU Service and cannot be held liable for any issues arising from the usage of these services.
Should you experience any inaccuracies, errors or a lack of expected quality we ask you to engage with us directly via phone, email or post to mitigate and resolve any deficiencies or errors before any dispute or complaint is brought to the attention of any other 3rd party.
TERMS OF SERVICE / THE AGREEMENT
Scope of the myEU Box Service
The myEU Box Service myEU.africa / Vflow (PTY) LTD is offering to you comprises of the following Service Elements or a subset thereof, depending on the kind of subscription you hold:
- a managed myEU Postbox under a valid German postal address,
- the careful handling of items we receive for you (e.g. unpacking, damage check, capturing of item details and dimensions, taking images, handling of accompanying documents) in accordance with our Service Limitations (see below),
- notifying you of incoming items,
- providing you pictures of your items,
- providing you Duty Code & Customs Rate Information,
- secure storage of items we receive for you in our warehouse,
- requesting of real-time shipping quotes for you from 3rd party shipping companies,
- initiating shipping orders for you with 3rd party shipping companies,
- the swift handling of your shipment orders,
- package consolidation / repackaging / packaging materials,
- item duty classification and declaration,
- preparation and submission of customs documentation,
- obtaining EU export clearances from the German Zoll (Customs),
- handling of import declaration and customs procedures with shipping partners and Customs Authorities,
- paying the duty and shipment fees for your packages,
- proactively communicating with you for an effective fulfillment of The Service,
- customer support in English, German, Zulu or Afrikaans out of our South African office for any problems you might encounter,
- access to individual Shopping Assistant and Concierge Services,
- running the myEU.africa Website as your means to use The Service.
These service elements or a subset thereof are available to holders of an active myEU Subscription, according to the Subscription / Pricing Plan chosen.
No other services form part of your subscription and if requested by you and rendered by us may incur additional fees that are not covered by your subscription. Whenever additional fees apply (like for the Concierge / Shopping Assistant Service or helping you with 3rd party reclamations and returns) we will notify you upfront accordingly and will not act or charge you without your consent.
Limitations of the myEU Box Service
The myEU.africa model of operations is based on strict compliance with European Trade and Customs regulations as well as German Labor- and Health-Protection Laws. These regulations have direct impact on the weight, size, and type of the items we can handle and the extend of the Service we can provide to you:
- The handling of goods or items that are classified as ‘dangerous’ or ‘hazardous’ either in the EU or in the Shipping Country is not covered by your subscription. We can handle, declare and ship dangerous goods in accordance with applicable regulations for you, but this will incur additional administrative fees that are not included in any of our Subscriptions. Should you wish to import goods classified as dangerous, please contact us via phone or mail to discuss details and fees before any dangerous goods arrive at your myEU box. It is your responsibility to ensure all goods arriving in your myEU post box are not classified as dangerous before you order or receive any kind of goods to your box. Negligent or intentional breach of this policy can lead to an immediate, non-refundable suspension of your subscription and account. We reserve the right to return or dispose goods classified as dangerous as per our discretion, without any refund, should they arrive at our logistics center without our consent to handle them.
- We do not handle any goods or items that are classified as ‘illegal’ either in any part of the European Union or the Shipping Country. Any incoming item we receive for you that contains any kind or amount of illegal substance or prohibited material in itself or its packaging will be reported to relevant German and the Shipping Country’s authorities and will be disposed in accordingly. All shipments we dispatch for you may be subject to customs inspections with regards to the nature of your items as well as the correct classification of your goods. It is your responsibility to ensure all goods arriving in your myEU post box are not classified as illegal before you receive any kind of goods to your box. Negligent or intentional breach of this policy can lead to an immediate, non-refundable suspension of your subscription and account.
- For an extensive list of items and products we do not handle and ship, our list of ‘Prohibited and Restricted Goods’ refers,
- At this point in time our customs and duty handling services are limited to the import / shipment of goods into the Republic of South Africa and Western African countries that fall under the ECOWAS trade zone (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Togo).
- The Customer is the legal importer of all items in the Shipping Countries, it is the customer’s responsibility to make sure the Shipping Countries trade laws and tax regulations are adhered to.
- All payment transactions are processed in South African Rand only.
- We do not handle any items in your myEU Box with an origin outside of the European Union,
- The weight limitation for the handling of incoming items covered by your subscriptions is 30kg, items above 30kg will attract additional fees (please contact us, before they reach your box),
- The weight limitation for the handling of outgoing shipments covered by your subscriptions is 70kg, shipments above 70kg will attract additional fees,
- The maximum dimension for items covered by your myEU Subscription’s Handling Fee is 120cm x 60cm x 60cm – every item that would not fit into a closed box with these dimensions is deemed oversized – regardless how a shipping partner might classify it for subsequent shipment. Every item that is larger than these limits (in any dimension) may be subject to additional handling fees,
- We do not handle any kind of living creatures or plants,
- The usage of the postal address and postbox service we provide to you is strictly limited to the described Scope of Service, under no circumstances you may use this postal address to register any legal entity or state it as any kind of residential address. We will proactively report any detected misuse to relevant law enforcement and tax authorities. Negligent or intentional breach to this policy can lead to an immediate, non-refundable suspension of your subscription and account.
- The maximum storage period for items in our warehouse is 60 calendar days. Your subscription plan defines a free storage period that is covered for the storage of your item in our warehouse. An item that remains in our warehouse longer than the free storage period will attract additional fees, however the maximum storage period in our warehouse is 60days. Should we not receive any shipping instructions from you or your Subscription has become inactive and we are not able to contact you, after 60 days we reserve the right to forfeit your item to either return, destroy, dispose or auction it.
- Unfortunately, due to security reasons our payment service provider does not support the automatic cancellation or modification of recurring payments (your monthly Subscription Fee). To cancel a myEU Subscription that attracts a monthly fee before its contractual expiry date human intervention is required. This means if you e.g. upgrade from an Advanced to a Pro Subscription before the Advanced Subscription has expired, we cannot immediately / electronically modify or cancel your Advanced Subscription payment order with our payment provider. We have to administer this manually during office hours. In order to e.g. nevertheless let you immediately enjoy the benefits and pricing plans of the Pro Subscription you can have multiple active subscriptions, just sign up for the new one – we will handle the old one afterwards. All handling fees and shipping rates are quoted and charged in accordance with the highest active subscription you have.
- Should you have a premium subscription that expired or is suspended due to pending payments, you can always ‘add’ a Free Subscription and make use of it until you decide to renew your premium subscription. The shipping rates and handling fees offered and charged are in accordance with ‘the highest active subscription’ you have.
- Our main means of communication with you is via email, it is your responsibility that the email address you provide to us is valid and fully functional.
Pricing and Payment for the myEU Box Service
The described Service elements maybe subject to further fees as per our Pricing Section on this website and are not necessarily an inclusive part of your subscription and may not be covered by your monthly Subscription Fee.
As most of our logistics costs incur in Germany on a Euro basis, we price certain service elements in Euro and convert these prices to South African Rand according to daily updated and published exchange rates as per the Pricing Section of this Website. Storage and Handling Fee prices in South African Rand are rounded to the next full Rand value.
All fees other than your monthly subscription fee will be priced and billed at the moment you initiate a transaction, after a quote has been presented to you.
No fees will be charged without your consent, all payment transactions must be authorized by the customer.
When you request quotes to ship your items, these quotes will contain 3 mayor positions:
- The Shipping Fee from our 3rd party shipment partners,
- The Duty Fees applicable for your items for the import into the Shipping Country (if DDP service is available and has been selected),
- myEU.africa Fees including all handling and storage fees as well as shipping and duty surcharges as per your subscription’s pricing plan
The Total Amount shown is the sum of these 3 positions including taxes and is the end-2-end / ‘landed cost’ amount that is applicable for your shipment.
When you select a quote, and your payment fails (e.g. due to insufficient fund) an order will nevertheless be generated. Within 24 hours after the failed payment you can login to myEU.africa Service and pay the order that has been generated for you at the quoted conditions.
The myEU Worldwide Shipping Service
For the worldwide shipping service myEU.africa acts as a broker between the customer and the shipping service provider. By using the myEU.africa Service to book a shipment with a service provider, you implicitly accept the Terms and Conditions of the selected service provider. It is your responsibility as a customer to familiarize yourself with these terms and conditions and make sure your are comfortable with them.
myEU.africa / Vflow Pty Ltd cannot be held liable for any loss or damage caused by the shipment handling of a service provider.
We do offer the option to provide extended product coverage against loss or damage if this has been selected under the shipping terms before obtaining a quote, additional fees will apply.
Scope of the Worldwide Shipping Service
The myEU worldwide shipping service offers the following service elements:
- Requesting of shipping rates for your shipment from various service providers in real time (currently DHL Express and FedEx),
- Generation of shipping quotes based on the shipment data provided by you,
- Shipping order generation via the myEU Website and order placement with the selected service provider on behalf of the customer,
- Providing you with the necessary documents and information like (waybill, commercial invoice, tracking links etc.) that are required to process your order,
- Giving you means to schedule a pickup slot with the service provider,
- Customer Support from South Africa via email, phone or whatsapp,
Limitations of the Worldwide Shipping Service
- depending on the characteristics of your shipment (size, weight, pickup- / delivery location) we might not be able to obtain a rate and provide you with an online quote via the Website. We are happy to follow up manually with our service providers, but we cannot guarantee we are able to handle every request,
- we do not process any shipments containing illegal or dangerous goods, it is the customer’s obligation and responsibility to ensure the content of a shipment is not classified as illegal or dangerous in the origin- as well as the destination-country of the shipment,
- Our quotes are provided based on the shipment information provided by you in good faith, should a shipment be larger or heavier than entered by you, additional shipping fees will apply (plus a R450 myEU processing fee) and an additional payment will have to be made before your shipment can be processed for clearance,
- unfortunately for the worldwide shipping service we cannot offer a DDP (duty paid upfront) option via the website, for business customers we can arrange for DDP deliveries with a post paid / invoicing process for duties (additional fees apply),
- all shipments booked via the Website are declared under Incoterm DDU (Delivery – Duty Unpaid) – the recipient will have to settle all import tax and duty bills for import clearance,
- should unforeseen additional costs for the processing of your shipment arise that are not part of the initial quote, (eg, due to missed pickup dates, incorrectly stated addresses, content descriptions or documents, ..) myEU.africa / Vflow Pty Ltd reserves the right to invoice the customer for these addition costs (plus a R450 myEU processing fee), before delivery clearance can be granted,
- all shipping rates and quotes provided are based on daily updated rates obtained in real-time and are only valid for the day they have been requested. A shipping order may only be kept in ‘draft mode’ for 24 hours after initial creation, after this time period a new quote may be required if the underlying shipping rate has changed,
- During order creation the customer can select which party (billing or pickup address) acts as the legal exporter of the shipment in the origin country, as well as which party acts a as legal importer of the shipment in the origin country (billing or delivery address), It is the customers obligation to ensure exporting and importing party are legally entitled to do so and are fulfilling all necessary legal requirements. It is the customers responsibility to provide either a Tax ID / customs code or personal ID of the importing party for customs clearance,
Cancellation of worldwide shipping orders
A worldwide shipping order may be cancelled by the customer before a waybill has been scanned by the service provider. Cancellations are not offered via the myEU Website and have to be processed manually, please get in contact with us. In case no payment has been received from the customer (e.g. on invoice payment) a processing fee of R250 will apply for a cancellation. In case a payment has been received from the customer and has to be reversed a processing fee of R400 will apply.
Payment options accepted
Payment can be made via Visa and MasterCard or by EFT / Invoice.
Card acquiring and security
Card transactions will be acquired for Vflow (PTY) LTD / myEU.africa via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks. PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
Vflow (PTY) LTD / myeu.africa takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods
Prices for shipping fees displayed in our quotes are obtained in real time from our shipping partners, the myEU Shipping Surcharge will be added to the myEU Box fees as per your subscription’s pricing plan.
We reserve the right to adjust the pricing schemes offered for the various subscriptions as per our discretion at any time, however once you have signed up for a subscription the pricing scheme published at the day of sign up / registration for your subscription will remain valid for the period of your subscription. A price change will only affect you on renewal of your subscription.
Calculation of Duty Fees
Our logistics partner in Germany is maintaining a well-trained (by German customs) and highly experienced team of customs and export experts, that are using latest TARIC, ECOWAS and SARS data to classify your goods for export from the European Union as well as for the import to the Shipping Country. The Duty Fees typically arise based on import duty tariffs in combination with import VAT. We calculate the total Duty Fee in accordance with the classification of your item and the official ECOWAS / South African Import Tariff Lists, based on the Euro value we obtain for your items. These Duty Fees can form part of your quote and payment, once you initiate and pay a shipping order with myEU.africa. As soon an item appears in your myEU postbox on the website, you can immediately see the according duty classification as well as the applicable duty fees calculated for a selected shipping country.
Unfortunately, many countries (also South Africa) not stipulate a ‘de minimis’ rule for imports, below which no import duties apply. We will calculate, declare and charge duty and import VAT for each item, according to the value we have captured for this item.
By accepting a quote and initiating a shipment with myEU.africa you accept our duty classification and duty fee calculation.
Should you have any questions regarding a classification we have made for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Should we not be able to determine the value of an item we receive for you (e.g. because there is no invoice) we will get in contact with you to establish the correct value.
Except for documents, we have to declare an accurate customs value regardless whether you paid for the item or you eg. received it as a gift.
If we do not receive a plausible value from you, we reserve the right to not declare the shipment under incoterm DDP but rather under incoterm DDU / DAP, which means the import must be handled by the recipient then.
myEU Box Quotes and Invoice Structure
As we have to declare the value of your goods to custom authorities and shipment partners for insurance purposes, we are generating quotes and invoices for you that contain the value of your goods as line items. Of course, you have paid for these goods already, so we will deduct these values from your total payment amount on the bottom of your invoice / order again. You will not be charged for these amounts. This allows us to efficiently generate compliant pro forma invoices that we electronically submit to customs and shipment partners. Your shipment may contain a printed copy of such a proforma invoice – this is solely for customs & insurance value declaration purposes and not to be paid by you – once a delivery reaches you, all bills are paid, just enjoy unpacking !
Cancellation of Shipping Orders / Refunds
Should you decide to cancel a shipment order that you have paid already, before it leaves our warehouse / the logistics center (e.g. because you used a wrong shipping or billing address etc.) only the Duty fees as well as the Shipment price as per your invoice will be refunded. As soon you initiate a shipment on the myEU Website the largest portion of our costs have occurred already and order cancellations are a labor intensive manual process, hence we will not refund you the myEU fee portion of a cancelled order.
Refunds will be made by the means of payment you selected for your transaction or in direct agreement with you via whatever means of payment is agreed with you.
The myEU.africa Service acts as a broker between you and our shipping and logistics partners. By initiating and confirming a transaction or shipment on the myEU website you agree to and accept the terms of service of our service providers. It is your responsibility to make sure you are comfortable with and agree to their terms of service, shipment- and delivery conditions.
myEU Box Shipping Insurance
myEU.africa does not cover any loss or damage of shipped items beyond the insurance cover of our shipment partners. Especially in case of DHL an option is given to you to send your shipment without any insurance to offer even cheaper rates – but you must be aware that this is your decision and no further insurance cover is provided by myEU.africa / Vflow (PTY) LTD
Please use this option with caution and make sure the DHL insurance option is enabled for more valuable goods before you request any quotes.
Should you wish to ship goods of higher value and obtain extra shipment insurance cover, we are happy to arrange that for you, please get in direct contact with us via phone or email, before you order such goods to your myEU.africa postbox. If we receive goods of value higher than the included shipping insurance values of our shipping partners, we will notify you, but we will treat and ship these items like any other item unless we receive instructions from you to do otherwise and arrange for extended insurance cover.
Extended product coverage for the Worldwide Shipping Service
For our worldwide shipping service we offer the option to obtain extended product coverage beyond the legal minimum coverage that shipping companies are obliged to provide.
The extended product coverage will be based on the shipment value provided by you and cover you from and potential financial loss to damage or loss of your shipment.
Separate Terms and Condition are applicable for our extended product coverage, a copy of these will be made available upon request.
Estimated Delivery times are provided by our shipping service partners on a ‘best guess basis’ and are not under control or responsibility of myEU.africa / Vflow (PTY) LTD
Disputes, lost or damaged items
In case of any losses, damages or disputes with our shipping partners, myEU.africa / Vflow (PTY) LTD will act as an intermediary between our customers and shipping partners and support you as good as we possibly can to make sure any dispute will be settled for our customers.
Return Shipments – for goods we receive for you
Should we receive an item for you that is obviously broken or requires a return shipment within Germany / Europe we will contact you and will decide in agreement with you how to handle the issue.
Return Shipments – for goods we have sent to you
Return shipments from their final destination / shipping address back to Germany are not part of our Standard Service Offering. We can assist you with return shipments, but this will be subject to additional handling and processing fees and requires you to get in direct contact with us. This service is not offered via the myEU.africa website.
Payment for Concierge-, Shopping Assistance and Extra Services (e.g. handling of dangerous goods)
For any additional services to be rendered by us (we can do a lot for you), a pro-forma order / Quote will be generated in accordance to whatever we agree with you via email, the website or phone. This order / quote will be presented to you via The Website or via email and you will have to settle the payment and provide proof thereof before any services will be provided to you.
All subscriptions offered by myEU.africa / Vflow (PTY) LTD have a contract duration as defined on the pricing page of this website and the detailed description of each subscription. After the subscription period your subscription will be suspended if you do not choose to renew it.
In the ‘My Account’ page under ‘My Subscription’ you can see the details of your subscription and you have the option to choose between a manual or automatic renewal of your subscription.
You can at any time upgrade from a lower to a higher subscription, the lower subscription will then be manually terminated by us and a new monthly payment instruction will be established for the higher subscription. In the event of an upgrade, a new subscription will be issued for the entire subscription period, payment intervals will be changed according to the day of the upgrade. If you upgrade to a higher Subscription its features and pricing will be available to you as soon the higher subscription is active.
For our Private Subscription no monthly payments will be charged.
For the Business Subscription (our premium subscription), a monthly Subscription fee is applicable as detailed in the Pricing / Subscriptions section of this website. The first subscription payment will be charged when you sign up for a premium subscription, subsequent payments will then automatically be processed from your Credit Card / Method of Payment in monthly intervals for the duration or your subscription.
Should you fail to facilitate your monthly payment for a Business Subscription and your premium Subscription becomes inactive, you can at any time sign up for a free Private Subscription until you decide to reactivate your premium Subscription by paying the outstanding subscription order. For any following shipments and services rendered by us, Handling Fees and Surcharges will be billed according to the ‘highest active subscription’ you hold.
Please be aware that your monthly subscription fee does not cover any costs for items we handle and shipments we initiate for you. Additional handling and shipping fees will apply for the usage of the Service as per the Pricing Section of this Website.
Termination of Service
Should you intentionally or unintentionally be in breach of any of our Service Limitations described in this agreement or should we detect the misuse of The Service outside the stated Scope of Service, we reserve the right to suspend your subscription and / or account at our own discretion, without any prorated refunds of monthly Subscription Fees.
Scope of your Subscription / License
myEU grants you a time-limited, personal, non-transferable, non-sub licensable, revocable license in form of a myEU Subscription to access and use the Service only in the manner presented by myEU. Except for this limited license, myEU does not grant to you any other rights or licenses with respect to any portion of the website.
- Copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, or upload, any part of this website,
- Use a frame or border environment around the website / service, or other framing techniques to enclose any portion or aspect of the Website or the Service,
- Mirror or replicate any portion of the website,
- Sell, offer for sale, modify, reproduce, display, distribute, republish, transmit, reverse-engineer, or translate into any language or computer language, any portion of the website or the service, in any form.
Signing up / Subscribing / Registering and acceptance of the Terms of Service
As soon you sign up and register for the usage of The Service you are required to confirm that you have read, understood, and accepted these terms and conditions / this agreement.
By doing so you are entering into a legal binding contract (the agreement) between yourself and Vflow (PTY) LTD, which remains effective until the termination or suspension of your Subscription.
Even if your subscription does not cost any monthly fees – please be aware that you are entering into such an agreement and that the services offered to you are subject to further fees and payments e.g. for items we handle and store for you or shipments you initiate.
As we intend to offer you a convenient and fun customer experience, we do not ask you for acceptance of these terms and conditions for each and every transaction. Should you for example chose the ‘Quick Checkout’ Option and initiate a shipment by clicking on a Quote, you will not be asked to accept these terms and conditions before payment as confirmation of the transaction takes place.
We ask you to familiarize yourself with this agreement and confirm your acceptance of it on sign up of your subscription – this acceptance will be applicable for all subsequent transactions you initiate.
Necessary security measures are designed to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your Personal information. As a result of the nature of the Internet and online communications, however, we cannot guarantee that any information transmitted online will remain absolutely secure or confidential, and we are not liable for the acts of third parties, such as hackers who circumvent security and privacy measures. The security of your Personal information also depends on you. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account details (username and password), please make use of the ability to change your password regularly.
We recommend that you do not share any account information with third parties.
We cannot be held liable for any misuse that is happening under your account details, if these account details were used for a regular login process.
Following industry standards, myEU.africa is storing your account details in an encrypted format that does not allow any 3rd party to gain access to your details within reasonable effort.
Vflow (PTY) LTD / myEU.africa take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from:
Data we Collect
Data we do not collect
- We do not hold any Credit Card details on our systems,
- We do not process any payments on our systems directly,
- For any payment transaction you will be redirected to the secure environment of our Payment Partner to enter your payment details on the website of our payment partner,
- After a payment transaction you will automatically be redirected back to myEU.africa, without personal information being transferred other than the payment status.
To deliver The Service, we use Personal and non-Personal information such as
- Your Name, Billing and Shipping Address,
- Your email Address and Telephone Number,
- Information from invoices and commercial documents accompanying deliveries we receive for you,
- Any other information that you enter into the myEU.africa website or sent to us via email during the usage of ‘The Service’ (e.g. like order- and item notes or 3rd party billing and shipping details),
- Your IP address and your browser’s user agent,
We use this information
- To handle incoming items and initiate international shipments for you,
- To provide and exchange administrative information with you required for myEU.africa to deliver The Service,
- To send you notices with regards to using the myEU service (e.g receiving and shipping of your packages etc),
- To send you notifications of any service changes and announcements at myEU.africa,
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection,
- To determine how much traffic the Website receives, to statistically analyze Website usage, to diagnose technical and service problems, to improve Website content, to customize the Website’s content, layout and services, and to otherwise provide the Website to you and other users,
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it,
- To comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies,
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We do not sell, rent, or loan any of our customer data to outside firms.
We may retain the content of any emails or messages you send us, and your name, your email address, and our response in order to handle any follow-up questions you may have. We may also use this information to measure how effectively we address your concerns.
myEU may share or disclose your Personal information:
- To affiliated companies and 3rd party service providers or persons who work on behalf of or with myEU.africa in order to fulfill The Service,
- In response to subpoenas, to law enforcement or government officials for any reason, court orders, regulatory requests, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- If myEU believes it is necessary or appropriate to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law;
- With a potential acquirer or buyer, if myEU.africa becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or any form of sale of some or all of its assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose with your consent.
The myEU Service entails the electronic aggregation, preparation and submission of shipping details to German Customs Authorities (description, weight, size and kind of goods delivered as well as Shipping and Billing Details) via our German Logistics Partner (Beta Layout GmbH in Aaabergen). The fulfillment of The Service requires myEU.africa / Vflow (PTY) LTD to make your shipment related data available to the customs specialists of our above-mentioned logistics service partner.
Request for personal Information
Upon written request and verification of your identity, we will provide you with your Personal information in our possession. You may request such information by contacting us as described in the contact section of the website. You may also update or correct your Personal information in our possession by contacting us as described.
Data Retention and Deletion of Personal Data
In compliance with European and South African regulations for international trade and transfer of goods we and our logistics partners are obliged to maintain the legally required data retention period for customs and shipping documents.
Even if you request us to delete your personal information from our system, we cannot erase personal data falling into that domain, if this would conflict applicable laws and regulations.
Social Media Sharing
If you enable the sharing option in your box settings, in some areas of The Service you can share certain details of your myEU Service to a list of Social Media Sites or Messaging Platforms.
All sharing buttons that are displayed on the website are loaded from the myEU.africa webservers directly and do not request any resources from any external server. No social media site will be able to track your usage of the myEU Service if you do not interact with these buttons. The myEU Service or Website does not exchange any of your data with any social network if you do not proactively decide to use these sharing options. The myEU Service does not track your usage of these buttons or the content you share and does not get sight of the recipients of your messages.
The sharing buttons are redirecting you to 3rd party webpages that are not part of the myEU Service and do not fall within the responsibility of myEU.africa.
The myeu.africa website is run by Vflow (PTY) LTD based in South Africa with registration number 2019/415790/07 and Nonhlanhla von Heynitz as Director and Owner.
Vflow (PTY) LTD contact details
Company Physical Address: 8 Norman Crescent, Northcliff Ext 12, Johannesburg, Gauteng, 2195
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +27 (0) 61 013 2904